Crest of our
Where more than 120 years of history embraces the future …
- The Star is a symbol of light, guidance and instruction.
- The Cross is a symbol of Christ.
- The Circle is a symbol of eternity and eternal value.
- The Open Book indicates that learning should be brought to the young. The Alpha and the Omega are a reminder that God is the “first and the last, the beginning and the end”, and that all knowledge begins and ends with Him.
- The Motto, “Facere et Docere”, which means “To Do and To Teach”, reminds the Christian Brothers that their lives and their actions, by word and example, are a way of leading others in Christ’s way.
- The Motto, “Age Quod Agis”, literally translated, means “do what you do”; figuratively it means “keep going, because you are inspired or dedicated to do so”. It is also the motto of the Christian Brothers’ Order in South Africa.