Where more than 120 years of history embrace the future …
School of the Arts (SCHOTA)
St Patrick’s CBC offers optional music lessons to primary school pupils
- All Grade R – 3s have a lesson once a week in Music & Movement which teaches all the basic elements of music through group performance.
- Theory lessons are held for all Grade 4 – 9 music students as part of the school curriculum. These are 1-hour lessons once per week.
- Grade 10 – 12 pupils may take music as one of their IEB matriculation subjects, provided they meet the minimum requirements by the end of Grade 9.
- International practical and/or theory examinations through ABRSM and Trinity College of London can be taken at any Grade level.
- Orchestral/ensemble playing is afforded to all students through their participation in the following music groups:
- The St Patrick’s CBC School Orchestra
- The St Patrick’s CBC Concert Orchestra
- The St Patrick’s Wind Band
- The St Patrick’s Jazz Band
- Choral singing is an integral part of music training. There are 3 choirs at the school:
- The St Patrick’s Foundation Phase Choir
- The St Patrick’s Senior Phase Choir
- The St Patrick’s High School Vocal Ensemble