Where over 120 years of history embrace the future …
School of the Arts
St Patrick’s CBC offers optional music lessons to primary school pupils
The school has an intermediate phase (Gr 4 – 7) and high school choir.
- All Grade R – 3 students have a lesson once a week in Music & Movement which teaches all the basic elements of music through group performance.
- Theory lessons are held for all Grade 4 – 9 music students as part of the school curriculum. These are 1-hour lessons once per week.
- Grade 10 – 12 students may take music as one of their IEB matriculation subjects, provided they meet the minimum requirements by the end of Grade 9.
- International practical and/or theory examinations through ABRSM and Trinity College of London can be taken at any Grade level.
- Orchestral/ensemble playing is afforded to all students through their participation in the following music groups:
- The St Patrick’s CBC School Orchestra.
- The St. Patrick’s CBC Concert Orchestra.
- The St. Patrick’s Wind Band.
- The St. Patrick’s Jazz Band.
- Choral singing is an integral part of music training. There are 3 choirs at the school:
- The St. Patrick’s Foundation Phase Choir.
- The St. Patrick’s Senior Phase Choir.
- The St. Patrick’s High School Vocal Ensemble