INFORMATION THAT WE PROCESS
HOW WE PROCESS INFORMATION
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Providing educational services to our pupils and their parents, which includes the day-to-day activities of running a school and all interactions with pupils and their parents in this context. This could, for example, include interactions relating to academic learning, childhood development, sport, music, cultural and extra mural activities, school fees and school news and events.
- Facilitating marketing research and market the School’s services to the broader community within which it operates.
- Facilitating applications for future admissions to the School.
- Interacting with our staff in the context of the employment relationship.
- Preparing and submitting legally required educational data to the educational statutory bodies.
- Facilitating internal communications and interaction between parents, pupils, staff, and management.
- Maintaining the relationship between the School and its Alumni
- Procuring services and managing relationships with service providers.
- Allowing controlled access to the School premises to ensure the safety of our pupils and staff.
- Any other reason which is integral to the optimal functioning of an educational institution.
OBTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases, we will request your PI directly from you. However, in some cases we may need to obtain it from third parties. This will be the case if you have authorized us to do so, or where the nature of our interaction with you reasonably requires us to do so. We may also be legally required to independently verify some of the information provided to us, which may include our accessing government or public directories in order to obtain certain PI about you. In some cases, especially if you are an organisation, we may need to obtain PI relating to third parties (such as your office bearers or employees) from you.
DISCLOSURE OF PI
We may need to share your PI with third partners or business partners who are directly involved in the delivery of our service to you. In such cases, this is subject to reasonable security safeguards and we have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
As required by the POPIA, the confidentiality and integrity of any PI processed by us is subject to reasonable technical and organisational safeguards to prevent loss, damage, destruction or unauthorised access, having due regard to generally accepted information security practices and procedures. As part of our Management processes, we will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure your PI remains secure.
In terms of the POPIA section 23 and 34, you have the right to:
Request access to your PI we have on record. Please contact St Patrick’s CBC to enquire about the process to follow.
Request us to correct or update any PI we hold about you, subject to the provisions of those sections. Please note that we may request confirmation / identification prior to the updating of any such records.
In terms of POPIA section 11 (3), you have the right to:
- Object to our holding your PI
In terms of POPIA section 18, you have the right to:
- Lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (South Africa) (ISRA). Please find contact details of ISRA at https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html
RETENTION OF YOUR PI
In general, we will only retain your PI for the duration of our interactions with you. In certain instances, information will be required to be held for a period thereafter, however, this will be held in compliance with the POPIA and other applicable legislation.Please note that our Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time. If you have any queries about this notice or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact us: (053) 831 1558/9 / firstname.lastname@example.org